Monday, August 25, 2014

Absence

Where do we go from here
Sitting back, gathering the years
Like dust on the lens
Filtering out the sunlight
I wish
But I won't say it right
And you won't hear above
The volumes of repression
The sentence of depression
Under dark skies
Where our thoughts condense
Coalesce
Into the sunlight's absence
Where do we go from here
When all I want is
A smile, my children's laugh
And all I have is
This distance
This barren existence
Where they are not
And I am
And I hate it
This degradation of beauty
Into bloodshed
This capitulation of love to
Punishment
I have given everything
And still this is what you've chosen
To take from me
They tell me have hope
Keep the faith
Maybe even let go
If it'll make it okay
Instead I'll swallow the world
And still not fill
The void inside of me
The world cut from my chest
That left me broken
And hopeless
And knowing
The only chance at happiness
Is to overcome this
Hatred you harbor
Through the strength of my love
And I wonder sometimes
When the sun hides
Behind the clouds
And I want to shout
To scream from hell
I can not do without
I am not doing well
I wonder, if I am enough
If I have the capacity
The love
To withstand the torrents
You have rained upon me
To know trust
When it's been shattered
So completely
To live on
Despite the calm in your seas
While my ship is ravaged
By the havoc you've wreaked
I doubt
Sometimes
Though I know life's sublime
Peaceful moments
The beauty divine
And complete
I have my wreckage, you see
My crashes and recollections
Of dreams
Once painted so flawless
Now aged and fading
Quickly
Where do we go from here
I wonder
I can hear the thunder
Approaching
As I sit back, gather my tears
As memories across
My sleeves
And I in my darkness
I in my shadows
I and my demons, well
I know how it goes
I've seen
And I can only hope
Someday, I'll find the course
That ushers me away from the scene
That touches the wasteland
Of my dreams
Breathes life into my seams and
I'll stand, you'll beckon
But I'll not hear
Over the sound of the years
You've stolen
I don't fear
What is to come anymore
For what might bring me to shore
Surely, can't be worse
Than what set me to sea
Maybe I'll drown
Before knowing the beach
But where I go from here
All my doubts and fears
The years spent thrashing wildly
And loving with the veracity
I have, dreaming with the capacity
Of kings
Well, that all belongs
To me.

No comments:

Post a Comment