Saturday, July 26, 2014

Necrotic/Narcotic

Unto the depths of consciousness
A drop of acid melts the synapses
Separating reality into whole and hole
And in the growing expanse lies heaven
Unattainable, a distracted glance on the fabric
Whose sheets pressed against her bare skin
Spell out death for the uninitiated
We coalesce into soulless waves
Moon-eyed angels enslaved
By the rhythm of heartbeat and inhalation
Fingers interlocked over the snare
Of hell's maw

I'll save myself, if you'll fall

Traipsing through the dead-lily days
Across the poppy-fields she weighs
The narcotic of her embrace against
The hypnotism of lying in wait
Scattered drops collapse upon
The pavement, displacing the dry-eyed
Dressing in the rainbow silks of the dying light
Who dance with the ghosts of the long goodbye
We wrap the veil of forgotten faith
Round the scales of our indentured servitude
To the fire disc rising and lowering on the flesh
Of the well and gone

I'll draw from the well, if you'll drink it all

Unto the death of consciousness
Amid the props of a world long lost
Reality is a figment of our distress
Fantasy an etching in the back of our heads
I'll bring my eyes to you in death
I'll seed my lies with truth in your bed
I'll be the unspent kiss on your breath
Cold and filled to the lips
Bold but stilled by the slighted winds
Emanating from the curious ends
Of mortality

I'll lie here still, if you'll spill my secrets

So gathered among the forest of brick
Trapped in the alleyways of grime and grit
No matter, we lather such purity on our flesh
We could hardly be tainted by their filthy fingertips
These toxins we will burn before
They come to take us through the floor
Fate will shiver beneath her blanket
Fate will quiver with every incantation
Lumbering her way through her orgasmic sentence
Til her ecstasy leaves her staring wistfully back
At the trail of blood along the carpet

I'll grant your fill, if you'll aim for the kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment