Sunday, July 27, 2014

Miles from Moments

She made a mile out of moments
While I spent the night on her lips
A quiet word and long kiss
Goodbye, but I'll
See her again
In awhile, we file away
Memories beneath this bed
Thoughts of her hips
The way they move against
My defenses
With such artful precision
I make my decision to leave
A thousand times
Without moving
I trade control for
The perfection in her
This deception endures
For miles and moments as we're
Driving down the coast and
Lying on the cool sand
Between destinations
We're always somewhere between
Reality and this
Love-induced hallucination
We made miles into moments when
We were always leaving
Always grieving
The death of our close friend
Sanity, while we drank away the days
Just to get closer to the night
Just to go and never know
Why, we would die
All the time, and come back in the morning
To our corpses
We made the miles into moments
Left our graves at every place we slept
To remind us we could nev

No comments:

Post a Comment