Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Stitch in Time

I held onto one last hope for ages
A hope that you would face this
With me, instead you called me filthy
Watched me tumble down this street
Tired to death by the cars over me
Lied to in depth by the stars while I sleep
What would you have me be
If not a paranoiac's dream
A py-romantic lead
Starring in your sleep
Burning up in this atmosphere
You had me here, and let go
Now I'm drifting through the stratosphere
If I wore deceit on any sleeves
You can keep the shirt, cause it's only
What you think of you, that influences
What you think of me
I've fought this battle as if it were
Ageless, and the time we spent together
Now mere seconds sprawled across the floor
I am a bloody mess, one heart less
To keep, I'll keep breathing and beating so long as
You're still sleeping
Peacefully
And here comes accusation, proving your point by
Conclusion, if only you saw
The variables, maybe your hypothesis would be different
And we could call our souls home
Instead of evicting them
Convicting them, no trial, no evidence
Just an assumption, a trump card
Played against my hands, now they're shaking and typing out
Missives, I miss this, but I'm living still
How is this, Death; so often so certain
Is now indecisive?
I am a complete catastrophe, yes
A mere apostrophe in
This sentence, left with the meat of your words
I find I am a vegetarian
Seeing only the bloody butcher's hands
Hearing only the cries of the innocent
Brought to slaughter just like this
On your sword, well disguised
As a pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment