Sunday, July 27, 2014

Where Laughter Sleeps

There's a whole world though,
That you're not seeing
Boundless energy waves crashing across existence
Their destination settled, sure
But the journey there changes
With even the slightest interference
Creatures that make up what we call
"Our Building Blocks"
RNA and DNA and carbon-based
And every element in between, there's one
A tiny little thing, unnamed as of yet
Arsenic-based living being, isn't that something?
And all along our prescribed pathways
We witness everything we're willing to see
So this world, all these amazing little
Happenings, go on unnoticed
For the most part, giving our lives
Trajectory, animating our sub-conscious
Our souls, and my job is not to explain
Or categorize these things, see, I play chess
Do you play? You always have to think
Ten moves ahead, or risk losing your head at
Alice's game, so I've made my mind up
No such luck if you wish to
Deter me, I'll be in a world beyond
The one I've mentioned
A world where nothing exists yet
That hasn't come from
Imagination, where our greatest scientific break throughs
Are seeded, left to grow in
Our orchard minds
I'll be the tallest tree
If you'll promise to climb me
I'll be the creationist
If you promise to keep evolving
'Til the only thing left of this is
What comes to pass
Past this mourning.

No comments:

Post a Comment