Sunday, July 27, 2014

Timeless

A night, a tryst, a stolen kiss
A forest where we slipped between
Blades of dew-touched grass
Begging the moment lasts
Forever, when my lips reach hers
And e'ery dream we slept on
Came to and held in rapture
Our racing hearts, the moon dressed full
The stars lean through
The treetops, I'm still caught in her arms
Begging release and pleading
She doesn't let go
Tonight
A light, a gift, a turn of her head
A moment where we lived 'til
Time pushed us back amongst
The shifting sands of the hourglass
The grip of every prayer we had
Come true, I held on to
Her flesh, remember just where
We'd been, around the world in an evening and
Out of her dress, the moonlight lingers and I
Caress, e'ery part of you that I've missed
All this time in silence and
Your breath was all I needed
To wake my heart from it's slumber
Impress
My name into your thoughts
My face into your sight
That when you feel alone, you need only
Look into my eyes and know
I'll keep you warm, chase the sorrow from your
Bones, behold this moment all alone
Where even the brightest stars have shone
Us nothing, but the beauty you radiate
Sleeping next to me says
Here I will lay, as long
As you'll keep me.

No comments:

Post a Comment