Thursday, July 31, 2014

Climb

Maybe I'll die of this
Determination to reach the highest peaks
Yet what I seek is not to be found
In these valleys
I can barely breathe the air up here
Still I climb higher than my fear
Still I find lighter, my steps each year
And maybe there's nothing waiting
For the moment I can see the world around me
Save the knowledge I am free and
That's enough for me
To keep moving, keep improving
Against the weight of those who prayed
They'd slew me
Cause maybe I'll live like this
A feeling I take on my faith exists
That what I dream is sure to be seen
From beyond what clouds me
I can barely see what lies before me
Still I know that what's for me
Is not the stillness of sleep
So I'll give in to heaven
One more dance with progression
That what I've sworn is mine to hold
Might surface above the snow
I can live no more without my soul
So I press on through wind and cold
So I dig my fingers into the stone
To that I know, may leave me alone
That I know, will lead me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment