Sunday, July 27, 2014

Soul in Contention

Oh, what I wouldn't give
To be the sand cascading through
Your hourglass
To live amongst the specks you've loved
To drift along your inner thoughts
To count down moments and
Hours with you

Oh, what I wouldn't give
To be the horizon tracing back across
Your oceans
To be your muse, your deepest views
Still ending in me
To be the places you escape to
The skies that set you free
To sleep and wake to you
To rise and fall and do it all
Over again, every day that comes
Ours, every night you slumber
I would keep you in my shadows
Every morning you search
I would brighten the way
Away from here

Oh, what I wouldn't give
To be the hand tracing lines along
Your skin
To touch the places no one else goes
To love you in dimensions no one else knows
To lay down alone and wake up
Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment