Sunday, July 27, 2014

Footfalls

I heard her before I saw
Thought I was prepared to fall, turns out
I wasn't prepared at all
And when I turned and watched her walk
Away, I'd close my eyes and
Disguise myself in the day
She was mine, a motive
Without a crime, an alibi
For my time spent
In someone else's eyes
A devil in her black dress
An angel in her pale skin
And I'm a criminal standing trial against
Heaven, and I've no defense
When she sways her hips
Turns to me, and blows a kiss
She said, Baby I hate to see you
Go down like this
I'd love to see you
Someplace less
Blue, couldn't you
Let go a little bit, cause the world stops just short
Of the truth, and I'm just not yours
To lose

I saw her before I heard
The door, now she's walking out
And I doubt
She'll be coming back for more
Cause once you've tasted poison
And woke up the next morning
A little less than dead
The sun bears down
On hollow ground
The trust wears out
And you're left to drown
Beneath every little thing they said

Don't do this
Don't give in
She'll leave you blistered
By her touch again
And another 3am seems
To come and go without me
Cause I'm at the door allowing
The devil one more moment
And the angel one last dance
Don't do thisDon't give in
She'll leave you twisted
Round her finger again
And a lover's 3am seems
To sense the liqour on your breath
Another night without her and
This memory is all that's left.

No comments:

Post a Comment