Sunday, July 27, 2014

Angels and Memories

I remember 
Your body stretched out before me 
Charting my course along 
Your legs, my lips measuring 
Every inch, my heart singing 
With every kiss, your skin 
And these blankets 
Mingle, I see you in the 
Places no one knows 
The smile no one shows 
Outside the bedroom 
Wrapped up in 
Fantasy, a dance I've dreamed of 
Ever since we met 
The candles burn to 
Wicks, the wax makes 
Tiny rivers on your chest 
We could live here in this bed 
Forever 
Even as the light crosses 
Sheets, I'm still staring 
In awe of your beauty 
No one else knew me 
Quite like this 
As your eyes open 
And I'm hopelessly caught 
Admiring 
I remember 
A moment just like this 
When the whole world 
Swore, we'll never make it 
Love lived on in our hands 
Now I hold you in my head 
A photograph I'll never forget 
An epitaph carved 
Into monumental hearts 
No one could love like this 
Between pages and blankets 
Between sunrise and sunset 
There's nothing to match 
This, and I'll never forget 
Your body stretched out before me 
Charting my course into 
Your memories 
I've written you into 
My empty pages 
Now nothing will ever be the same 
All else may fade 
Yet even as we wake 
In dreams, I'll still stay 
Along edges and mirror frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment