Sunday, July 27, 2014

Everpresence

When the skies cleared
And the blinding Sun pierced the air with a thousand swords of Light
The Shadows quivered and fled
The Rain lay dried up and dead and gave up one last curse to the Heavens
And when the Earth undressed
Spread her wondrous legs as roots across the dirt
And a magnificent Tree climbed higher every second
'Til those who saw swore it would reach Forever
As the streams became Rivers
And coursed swiftly between cliffs higher than the eye could see
The Devil lie down on his bed with a sickness of the head
And he witnessed to the overbearing Gods in his torment
You are doomed, I swear it, you'll soon share my vision
For the Sun will collapse upon itself, entrapping all that is Light and beautiful
The Shadows will stand strong until they encompass all Existence
The Rain will flood your heart, 'til you're overflowing with tears shed
The Earth will wrap herself in plague blankets
A disease born by her promiscuous groping
And the roots of the Tree of Life shall wither and die
The Rivers will run free from their prisons
And in the drowning desolation, I will rise again
And in the desperate flailing of Creation, Death will stake his claim
Of this I am certain, for it is echoed in my Name
For all that has Lived is of me, a Devil stained in sin
A reflection of my intentions
And then the Skies cleared, til I could feel her warm kiss on my back
And then my Shadow disappeared
And the damp air of a cold Rain parted from my skin
And then the Earth undressed, and welcomed me to her flesh
And in a magnificent Tree, I climbed ever higher
'Til I could hear the Angel calling
And she Said in a voice that resonated across the Land
You are the Father and the Son, you are Light and Darkness
You are the Water and the Earth, you are Life and Death
For there is no difference
And I am God and the Devil, lying resplendent in Heaven and sickly in Hell's grip
This is Our Land, we are the Children and the Aged
We are whole only when we are a part of this
Lovers destined to die in a single poisoned kiss, and to live Forever in payment
For the only debt left to settle, is the End, the Apocalypse
The Rapture, the Great Rending of Hope from scarlet lips
And the only payment we are left with is the Life we give and have been Given
We are Beginning and End, this is Our Home, that we may Live and Die for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment