Monday, August 25, 2014

Love:

Love:
That degenerate;
  unspoken madness
  So often accompanied
By sadness
Heartache
That cold shower that exposes
The filth on your skin
Still cleanses it
  She wears a black dress
  I wear shackles on my wrists
And we dance like our breath is tied
To this movement
Love:That dismemberment
   of heart from mind and
   words from lips
Weighted by the kiss
Of death
Remembrance
That bold power that weakens
All but the strongest
Connections
   She kills my potential
   I draw her in pencil now
That I my erase her regrets
At the final notice
Love:
The eviction of sanity
   that we might move in
   those dreams unspent
By morning
Or sunset
The harsh light of midday
Seems too bright for my darkness
Still welcomes it
   She hears a veiled threat
   I steer for the cliffs
That I may drive us to love's grave
Before we fall for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment