Saturday, July 26, 2014

Dessication

A fire rises from the marrow, courses through the veins
Surfaces in the eyes, consumes the shades of the day
Where the soul traverses carrying a thought and a spade
To bury all that has been wrought by the hands of fate
A fence to keep in thoughts untamed, to frame the flesh
In its decay, these seconds counting dead cells long seared away
I hear nothing now, I will not beg, I fear nothing now, I will not give in
I will not retreat from the howl of the wolf, from the roar of the wind
From the scowl on the face of the darkest of demons
I live in the flesh, but breathe in the rest
Whose callous intoxications heave in my chest
The lungs, purely filth, spew curses and will
Tar-stained intentions once beautiful in white
Now dress in black and condemn the light
That touches the flesh, breaks in as a night
Unburdened by Luna's exposure, I could live here forever
In my darkened corners, between the shadows bordered
By streetlights, who spill their weak glow across the sickly flesh
Of the underexposed, the overcomposed, who haunt the streets
When the bars are closed, I know you all, I smell you in my clothes
I've gone too far, to take you home
There is no hope here, for the white-eyed and clear-conscienced
Who fault their brethren, call on demons
Long sunk in, like fangs into soft flesh
Long drunk in, like the life force of the forgotten
Who left no imprint, no fossilized remembrance
To dress their faces in, merely a fog, a haze of empty spaces
Vaguely flesh-colored, nearly human, playfully prancing about
The tombs and ruins, I know you all, I won't let you in
Between fog and smog, I see clearly enough the end
So who would touch my flesh then, who would rush to my head
Redden my skin, lengthen my evening, there are few who could breathe in
The smoke of this incense, I burn purely, and bathe the world in ash
I've turned, surely, and of life and lust, I trust
I have none left.

No comments:

Post a Comment