Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Star Amongst the Darkness

Of thieves I've known a few 
To steal hearts, bury them with spades 
And of dreams, I know that you 
Chase stars in the middle of the day 

The fog gifts tiny tears 
To the window panes 
And your song plays 
Distant, somewhere someone is listening 
A lace nightgown is slipping 
To the floor 
A candle waves 
At lovers enslaved 
By each other's labored breathing 
And a debt repaid 
After years away 
Remembered by two bodies glistening 
So when the sun sets 
And two glasses are lifted 
In honor of what lies before them 
I'll remember 

Walking through your door 
Wanting nothing more 
Than everything you gave me 

Of thieves I've known a few 
Though none could take me quite 
Like you 
Of dreams, I know the truth 
Lies between the stars 
And you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment