Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Devil's Bargain

There are horizons I've yet to see
Vast expanses I've yet to cross
Lovers I have yet to meet
A world I haven't yet lost
There are castles I have yet to build
Empires I have yet to lead
Dreams I haven't yet fulfilled
Answers that haven't yet found me
So soldier on, good son
And keep the wind at your back
And when the tears come for loved ones
Let them flow, then let them go
There is knowledge I have yet to gain
Opportunities that haven't yet knocked
Tides that haven't yet come in
From oceans I have yet to swim
There are battles I have left to fight
Enemies of friends who have yet to betray
Revolutions I have yet to stage
Alliances yet to come with my enemies today
So soldier on, young Faust
And let your sins satisfy your debts
And when you've recovered what you lost
Let the beggar have what's left.

No comments:

Post a Comment