Sunday, July 27, 2014

Last Call (Is Ours)

Last call
She says, though I'm the only one
Left
Can I get you one
For the road?
After all,
What's a kiss, without a little bit of poison on
Your lips

And she's a sweet drink
And I'm full of moonshines
Holding on to the only company
A drunk can find at the end of the night

So I raise my glass
With trembling hands
And toast to the ghosts
That didn't make it to the end

Last call
She says, are you on your way
Yet?
Can I take you home
Tonight?
After all,
What's a tryst without a little bit of
Regret

And she's a sweet drink
That'll knock you off your feet
Before you know
What happened
And I'm full of moonshines
That'll keep her holding tight
Until morning comes
To expose them

So I empty my glass
And braize my lips
With poison, as intoxicating
As she is, in her black dress

Last call
She says, to the only one that never
Left.

No comments:

Post a Comment