Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Drink for Ariadne

She's a tall drink of water
And I'm a long sip of scotch
She's a hell of a lover
And I'm paradise lost
Her lips are cherry red and
Her dress is snow, fresh-fallen
And I'm a shade too dark for
The sunset on her skin
She's the mortar in my bones
That keeps me standing through the storm
She's the end of all I hoped
I had never borne
Her steps are hypnotic and
Her movements heaven incarnate
And I'm all left feet and
Poems clumsily recited
She's the foreword of a book
I wish I had wrote
She's the verse before the hook
In every song I've known
Her eyes are miles deep and
Her smile the sweetest poison
And I'm the salt of the sea and
The chaos of the open ocean
She's the fall of every man who'd touch her
And I can't turn my eyes away
She's the call of the siren to the sailor
And my ship is begging to break
Against her waves and rocky fate
Against the way she looks my way
Just long enough to say
An eternity awaits
She's a spark to the inferno
And I'm the treeline calling
She's a life lived at the brink
And I'm already falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment