Sunday, July 27, 2014

Ameterasu

You flower behind
The tree line
Each time thinking
They'll leave you behind
The whole world holds
A hand on your skull
Cause surely you'd sail
If they ever let go
And what kind of life is this
Held tight in an unused fist
What else can you give
If you left your world on her lips
But the sun is coming up today
I'll be there when she crests
A horizon that forever frames
The prison where we live
I'll tower behind
A lover's lies
Each time leaving
My memories behind
The world will press
Her finger to my lips
And I will be silent
While she echoes my movements
What else is left
Without innocence
But the words at my fingertips
And my beautiful pages
Each one of you named
For my transgressions against
Reality
For your ascent into
Divinity
I offer a sacrifice
My vice, for one night
In your mind
I offer the brightest light
To recreate tonight
In your image.

No comments:

Post a Comment