Sunday, July 27, 2014

Isolde

Close your eyes
She whispered
I did, and felt her lips brush
My neck
Fingernails against
My back
Hold on tight
She screamed
I did, and felt my heart escape
My chest
Her kiss still on
My breath
Here the world is shadowed and
Formless
The warmth of blood rising against
The flesh
Nights where passion lies
In chalk
Lives thralled to her movements
Then lost
And lustily, we held on to
Moments
And entrusted dreams to keep sacred
The silence
When her dress fell to the carpet
And I was left to my intentions
The world between her legs swaying
The last of my defenses
And this is how we murdered
Innocence
This is how we nurtured
Sin
Wrote down every nightmare on
Our bedsheets
Til the song was sang
And we were hanged
Til God came, and she lay
Used up
Crumpled amongst
A thousand unfinished stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment