Sunday, July 27, 2014

Ariadne's Great Escape

From the dirt beneath 
Your fingernails 
To the words behind 
Your lips 
I feel the chill that love entails 
When it fails to spark 
A kiss 
When sorrow pulls the bedsheets 
O'er your tired eyes 
And tomorrow keeps on going 
Long past your own demise 
I feel the hurt that love leaves 
Throughout the hallways of the heart 
Deserted, and every door leads 
To the hollow in my arms 

And Heaven told me 
Wait your turn 
And never showed me 
What you were 
Ariadne, I have fallen 
An angel on your doorstep 
And yet you keep on walking 
Til I'm covered in your footprints 

And Ariadne showed me love 
And Ariadne showed me hate 
And Ariadne welcomed me home 
Only to ship me away 

From the dirt beneath your fingernails 
To the words stamped cross my heart 
I swore that love would never fail 
And yet, without fail, here you aren't.

No comments:

Post a Comment