Thursday, July 31, 2014

Closer to Closure

Pray that the day
Might come to a close
That the weight on your shoulders
Ceases to grow
Swear that your fate
Is greater than they know
That the work at your fingers
Has worn them to bone
And tell that cruelest winter
You're ready to go
Dispel the fear that addressing her
Is undressing the unknown
Live for the stains
That riddle your hopes
And remember the strength
They have imbued to your soul
That when they see the blood on your clothes
When they hear the crack of your bones
When they see where your hours have gone
They'll know those moments are yours to hold
I have died
A thousand times
And maybe I like the feeling
I have cried
For lives gone by
And maybe they have left me reeling
But I am here
To stand astride
The demons who swore they'd kill me
I have no fear
To hide behind
So I'll face the weight of the sun setting
And pray that the day
Might come to a close
That the face of my lover
Will follow me home
Swear that our fates
Are inextricably bound
That the words on my lips
Are finally found
And tell that coldest winter
To leave her shoes in the hall
Draw closer to the fire
That kept her warm through the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment