Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Hell You Will

Here I stand
An angel lined up
For the firing squad
And they take aim
And fire straight
And all I remember
Of what got me here today
Are the last words
I'll ever say
The hell you will
Will be your own
The shells we live in
Beneath our bones
Have grown so lifeless
And turned to stone
That now our graves
Have become our home
Here I lay
An angel in red sand
A remnant of a man
Who once was
Here I pray
Father, if I may
Rest in peace
Become dust
These are the last thoughts
I'll ever share
The hell you will
Will be my own
And I'll dig and fill
My new home
If I could see you smile
Before the shadows
Cross the sky
And claim my hope
I would stand
Tomorrow and the next
If I believed
I would grant
My every next breath
So you could see me in the cold
The hell I willed
Has become my own
A night so still
I must be
Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment