Sunday, July 27, 2014

My Little Treasure

I love this 
Tiny little treasure in my hands 
When she climbs up 
On my lap, and gives me her special blend 
Of slobber and kiss 
Her joyous little squeals 
To remind me that all the fun 
Is to be had on the floor 
Where she runs around, chasing our kitten 
Who gamely lets her catch up 
Once in awhile 
I love this 
Smiling little creature in my life 
When she tugs at my pant leg 
Looks up with those beautiful blue eyes and says 
Mine 
Her pouting lips let me know 
When her cup is running empty 
Or her diaper might need changing 
While she spins around in circles 
As the music plays on in her head 
A song I'm blessed to hear 
Sometimes 
I love this 
Tiny little treasure in her bed 
When she awaits with kind eyes 
For me to sing her to sleep 
Silent night, my sweet 
May angels watch over your dreams 
Just as you watch over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment