Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Castle Breaker

I am the catapult and the siege engine 
The ladders to your walls 
I cower behind your bow 
String taut, while you let go 
Of your thoughts 
I am the castle breaker 
The love maker 
The one you swore you'd 
Never take home, and never 
Left alone 
I am the one you know 
As well as your own bones 
The story you tell, when you've 
Grown old alone 
I am the last resort of good intentions 
A night in Vegas and 
A morning in the state pen 
Cause you've gambled away your last chance 
On your worst hand 
I am the bluff caller 
The smooth talker that echoes 
All along your watchtowers 
I am your lover and your 
Right hand man 
Here I stand, having broken down your walls 
And crawled under your skin 
I am the castle breaker 
Ne'er questioning whether 
You will let me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment