Thursday, July 31, 2014

Macrocosm

I address the darkness of the soul
I know you well, your every shadow
I live within your alcoves, your black holes
Who draw in all that surrounds them
And expel nothing, I wonder
What might exist outside your borders
Chance a date with the stars distant
Those strong enough to provide resistance
To your hungry depths, those who expose
The heavens, for the infinite spaces between us
That they have become, I seek not the peace of solitude
But the chaos of love, where all its forms address
The burning in my chest, the turning of these worlds
Of dead weight, 'til life springs forth upon
Their dusty palates, I can taste you in those burgeoning moments
In the melting ice of our poles, the spinning of our straw hopes
Into gold, I approach the heat of your years
With the beating in my chest, the violence that storms my surfaces
In response to your question, I am not dead yet
As the soul spans all existence, so too can I taste
The molecules of your breath, the expectant whisper
Against my neck, the collection of expulsions that erupt
When our electrons cross path
I address the darkness of your soul
I know you well, your every shadow
I live within you, around you
And everywhere you've dreamt
Into existence
In response to your dissertation
On the meaning of our existence
The reason we keep living
Come close, feel the warmth
That emanates from every movement
We are not dead yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment