Sunday, July 27, 2014

Detenu

These dreams, desires 
A capitol offense against 
Reality, yet I 
Refuse to believe 
In any less 
These scenes, compiled 
An encyclopedic kiss of 
Fantasy, yet I 
Refuse to release 
This breath 

She sits amongst the 
Starry skies 
Poses for every 
Lightning strike 
And I want 
Her 
From the back of my throat 
Where the liqour still burns 

She lives amongst the 
Greatest words 
Closes every 
Open book 
And I'm left 
Demanding a second look 
Before the image excapes 
Into the secret coves of 
The soul 

I love you in that 
Black dress 
I know you beyond 
The veil 
I touch your wrist 
Kiss your hand 
I hold you beneath my 
Surface 
I dream, it seems 
More often than sleep 
Would accompany me 
To your skin 

These beliefs, convictions 
Follow me to foreign lands 
These deceits, departures 
Run circles 'neath the pain 
I found your stairwell 
Climbed your legs 
With my lips 
I found your stare 
Intoxicating 
Invigorating 
From behind the shades 
Of sadness 
Now I walk these streets 
Paying silent respects 
To the Heavens 

You live amongst the 
Martyrs and murderers 
No clear distinction 
Between them 
Save you 
I intend, to brave you 
As the sailor who 
Crosses oceans, discovers lands 
Untouched 
By a poet's ink 
Before me 

Now I stain you 
Like the wounds you disguise 
With that black dress 
Now I claim you 
As the first to see 
Beyond your lips 

Now I kiss you, find this place so 
Perfect 
That I sleep less 
Dream more 
And I'll never miss 
The world beyond 
You 
I keep this 
Quiet inside my head 
That they won't see 
What transpires 
When we 
Perspire 
Over this 

My tryst, my siren 
I keep you 
Well hidden 
A capitol offense against 
Your majesty 
Your flawlessness 
Our world still exists 
In snowglobes and forgotten 
Worlds 
In those closed books 
That I recite 
In secret places where 
The world could never 
Hear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment