Sunday, July 27, 2014

On The Horizon She Weeps

Single shade sky
An overcast light
Granting no hope
For an end to the night
The moon still sits high
On a course
Not unlike mine
The silent observer of
A trillion lies and lives
Dignified yet
Tired trembling trees
Pointing your bony fingers
Beyond visible horizons
A curtain of cotton candy clouds
Who, given no conclusion
Of the sky
Can do nothing
But move about aimleesly
Now

I pity you my single shaded sky
Such a dissatisfying bore
Hung over and emotionless
From yesterday's storm
I pity you my beautiful moon
Such a shamelss whore
Brandishing a light
That was never yours
I pity you my tired trembling trees
Such a thankless task
Pointing us to a tomorrow
That will never come to pass
I pity you my cotton candy clouds
Such a sorrowful mask
Blinding us to the heavens
Never granted a day's rest

Single shaded sky
Beautiful moon
Tired trembling trees
Cotton candy clouds
I pity you all if only
For sharing my faults.

No comments:

Post a Comment