Thursday, July 31, 2014

Impulse

Do not fear the detritus along the borders of my soul
It is hard-earned, I do not wish to let it go
That it muddies all your photographs of me
Is the art of it, the worldly within the dream
She would smile, tell me I drink too much and
Think too much, and sink too much when
I fall in love, do not fear the death on screen
I'm still here, behind my scenes, performing for an audience
I can't see.
Do not hasten to ease the pain for me
They are bittersweet, whose tastes remind me to breathe
That it leaves you choking back tears and cross words
Is the part of bliss, that leads to rebirth
She would sigh, tell me I care too much and
Not enough, and all's fair when
Love meets lust, do not fear for broken trust
I'm still here, defining dreams for nights and queens
Of which there is only one
I wish to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment