Saturday, July 26, 2014

Amour a Mort

She is a masterpiece crafted in flesh
Silhouetted in the sun, smiling brighter than all that burns behind her
Her beauty eclipses all that surrounds, a soft note played to the eyes
I see her song in the sway of tall grass, in the reflections on glass lakes
Symphonies carried in the winds, whose subtle vocalizations transcend words
Whose instruments crescendo and crash, kissing the senses on their ways past
We are echoed in the other's embrace, swallowed by the complexities of our fate
Racing forward along muted timeways, where seconds tick past hours
And in moments years are gained.
She is a sculptor's finest creation
The elation and depression of knowing no other could ascend to her plane
Where all that encompasses creation seems to quiver as she approaches
And my fantasies long defined, are quietly upended by her perfection
And we travel through clouds and mirrors, past shadows to draw this nearer
To the heart, who pounds loudly against the walls of the chest
To lead the armies of the spirit into battle, for her, for grace, for dreams fulfilled
By fate, playing onward through the longest days, 'fore whispering quietly into my ear
Through love, the soul is reclaimed.
And I, who have spent countless words
In describing the curvature of Cupid's bow
The directness of his arrow
And the sting as it finds its mark
Now know the poison it is laced with
And how sweet it tastes upon the lips
As well as any, and I embrace it.
I love you, now until my last breath,
As I have none before
And never will another.

No comments:

Post a Comment