Saturday, July 26, 2014

Somnium

I sit here, open, alone
Watch the earth slip between my fingertips
The soft glow of the morning fog
Dresses her elegantly
It is still quiet here, I am at peace
This beauty transcends what any person could offer me
I breathe in the purest air
The virgin woods stare back
I am no intruder here
As I have been elsewhere
The grass is softened by morning dew
My thoughts are often of you
My goddess, my transcendence
Of these elements, I ponder acceptance
And the landscape shifts and
Dances, the clouds disperse
I can hear your words
This is all I ask, as I grasp at your open pages
The winds settle around this place
Where life divined is love defined
In accord with shadow and light
To afford a moment's time
For the swell of energy
I can feel you in my fingertips
Borrow worlds from your lips
There is no world quite like this
Where the soul is cleansed
And the whole of impending days
Await, when I die
Dig me a shallow grave
That I may decompose and join you
Become whole with your truths
I sit here, open, alone
And know home, for my world
Has never been close
As this, even as I feigned to grow
Distant, she has wrapped her thousand branches
About me, and in these dreams
That beget reality
I know peace
I am free, finally
Amongst the post-apocalyptic
Silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment