Sunday, July 27, 2014

Spiral Stare

I have returned in quiet
Reclaimed the hands of friends
Rescued the empty hearted
From the devouring maw of circumstance
I have conserved my strength
In six years of crowded solitude
Remained vigilant of time's progression
Now I resume my place in the hands of eternity
From the abyssal silence of soul searching
I have discovered my new skin
Ascended from a black winged messenger
To a white plumed savior
I have returned bearing gifts
To spill my secrets into the oceans
Reshaped world weary shoulders
With the hope of what's coming
Freed spurned slaves and soldiers
From the ropes that bound their dreams
I have come, so far
Since you've known me
Come to set fire
To my enemies
I have returned in eulogy
To replenish the earth around me
Reminded the tides to encompass me
Washed my sins from between the sheets
That such promise would sleep
In a world drowning
That such promise would keep
My words countering
E'ery darkened step on
The spiral stair of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment