Saturday, July 26, 2014

To You

That you might know, here are a few things I admire about you.

Your physical beauty, as amazing as it is, can not compare to what I see in you when I close my eyes.

In the darkest hours, you are a beacon by which the most hopelessly lost find hope.

You approach motherhood with a courage and grace that belies your inexperience.

You exude confidence without arrogance, and intelligence without condescension.

No matter how busy you are, you always find the time to remind me why I love you.

In loving me for who I am, you inspire me to be more.

Your passion for the arts awakens passion in all those around you.

You refuse to leave or sleep on a bad note.

You're not afraid to voice your own opinion, or listen to mine.

Your smile can change my mood completely, you have a way of easing any burden I carry.

Your head might be in the clouds, but it is still firmly attached to your shoulders.

You appreciate a good conversation over a cup of tea.

You have shown me worlds I had not seen before, and introduced me to the art of spinning.

Our most intimate moments are the perfect mixture of passion, love, and oneness.

You stir the soul, that nothing between us could ever be described as complacent.

You favor looking forward to looking back, and have drawn my eyes to a future words cannot describe.

Eight months pregnant, and no other woman could hold a candle to your beauty.

You have given hope where there was little before, and motivated me to succeed on a level I had only dreamed about before.

You have proven resilient in your love, keeping your faith in me throughout the many trials we've faced.

You have challenged me in ways no other could, and rewarded me in ways beyond words.

Even though you want a Prius, you've said nothing of making me drive it. ;)

     I love you, and I look forward to tomorrow just as yesterday I looked forward to today, and tomorrow I will look forward to the next day. Your love is a blessing I could never truly account, but one that I will strive every day to repay with my own heart. Our future is bright, my love, and it only gets brighter from here. I look forward to a long life with you and our daughter, and promise to cherish these gifts and the many I have not mentioned here for the rest of my life. I know that these days have been especially difficult for you, and if there is anything I can do for you, know that I will move forward with the considerable talents and motivation I have been blessed with. May you find the same strength in me that I have found in you, and with these words, some respite from the difficulties you face. I respect and love you for all that you are, and if ever you feel lost, know that I am by your side no matter where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment