Saturday, July 26, 2014

Of Ashes

Gather the winds
The lightning and thunder and pouring
Thoughts, for shadows misguided
Have wrought their havoc
Now all that is left
Is lost, all that has breath
Ponders the cost, as the world runs circles
Around your fall
I offer these words, a reminder
A verse, to lighten the burden
To tighten the line
To draw out the inhuman
And brighten the skies
Gather the blossoms, I trust
You'll find them among
Your passions and lust
Brought to bear against the
Equinox, what spirits fly
In our stead, what heroes die
In our beds, that not a savior
Sought, could ever have fought
That not a labour brought
Could work the flesh
Turn the best, from ashes to dust
From lashes to scratches
Whose last dance consuming
Left little to feed on, when the mind
Is diffused, I offer you
My sacrifice to the bloom
The petal unfolds in a quiet room
I exhume decades old sentiments
A god who transcends innocence
I am no fool, I am imperfect
Only in my countenance
For all I have committed to death
She dares not share a single glance
In my direction, these days
I topple civilizations, just to see their faces
I gather the directionless winds
And send them on their way
You stay, there are greater things
I've yet to see, even in this
Omnipotence, there are forests
That have yet to sway
Far beneath that place, my grave
Lies empty still, yet the earth shakes
And shudders, the weak turn upon
Their lovers, I seek no comfort
Only the soul of an equal
The whole of my last meal
We'll see then, who is scrying
And who is dying
Quiet, here, where the tide meets
The trees, where devils are summoned
And angels shed tears
Where lives are unmade
By fires unrestrained
We'll see, if a lit match
Can scratch out a new flame
Gather the winds
Remember the days
They whispered before they roared
And the pheonix, who burned first
Then soared.

No comments:

Post a Comment